Our team consists of:
– patent attorney Dr. Enno Apley (partner),
– patent attorney Dr. Urs. Straube (partner), and
– David Collins.
Our partners each have at least sixteen years of experience in intellectual property law as well as considerable scientific and technical expertise. The areas of expertise of the partners are mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and bioscience. Dr. Urs Straube holds a PhD in electronics and is a Canadian national. Dr. Enno Apley holds a PhD in biophysics. David Collins is an English lawyer who assists with translation works and reviews English-language texts and patent documents. The different scientific qualifications of our team allow us to cover a broad range of technical expertise.
We can represent you before the following organizations or courts:
• The German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA);
• The European Patent Office (EPO);
• The European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in Alicante (Spain);
• The German Federal Patent Court (BPatG);
• The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in Geneva (Switzerland);
• The German regional and higher regional courts as approved consultants in patent, utility model, design, and trademark litigation;
• The Federal Court of Justice (BGH) in patent nullity proceedings; and
• The German Federal Office for Plant Varieties (Bundessortenamt).